About Change the Game Academy
Why is local fundraising important?
Local fundraising in low and middle income countries is important, because it:
- diminishes dependency on foreign donors
- decreases dependency on the national government
- spreads financial risks by tapping into diversified sources of income
- contributes to the financial sustainability of an organisation
- provides a better guarantee that local communities’ priorities prevail
- contributes to embedding in the local community and strengthens ownership
- gives legitimacy to an organisation through a stronger support base
Which types of funding are covered by the training?
Funds can be raised from many different sources, like poor communities, local business, middle class donors, public authorities and international funders. Change the Game Academy addresses both private and public sector funding, with an emphasis on building private sector funding know how. It strengthens the capacity of SHGs, CBOs, and NGOs to approach all potential local in-country sources of funding and thus decrease their dependency on international funding.
What will you learn?
After finalising the full course on local fundraising, users that started off with little or no knowledge on fundraising, will have learned how to raise funds , in their own community for a local project.