Objectives of the Programme:
The overall objective of the programme is to empower local civil society working at the grassroots to rethink power and resources to ensure that people and communities can drive their own development.
More specifically, the programme seeks to:
- Address local fundraising issues facing community-based organisations and the broader civil society community
- Strengthen the participants’ knowledge and skills to successfully raise funds and diversify resource streams at local level
- Explore non-traditional and local fundraising strategies.
The training is scheduled from 12 – 16 July 2021.
CSOs that are interested in applying must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a CBO, Self-help group and NGO operating in Ghana;
- Must be legally registered as a non-profit organisation based in Ghana;
- Must have good track record within its community of operation;
- Must have strong leadership and governance structures;
- Must have a minimum of 2 years operational experience;
- Must commit to develop a fundraising plan after the training phase of the programme and be willing to operationalise the plan;
- Must be willing to pay a commitment fee of 600 Cedis after the organisation has been selected.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful organisations will be contacted.
For more information about the programme, click here.