CALL FOR APPLICATIONS - LOCAL FUNDRAISING COURSE
Strengthening the Local Fundraising Capacity of CSOs in The Gambia
Overview of the Programme
Civil society, together with government and the private sector, constitutes an essential pillar of a well-functioning state. Civil society across West Africa has emerged as a key stakeholder in the development process and a vital force in strengthening governance processes.
Organisations are under immense pressure to operate, survive and thrive in an increasingly competitive sector, while maintaining independence and continually generating funds to pursue planned operations and command strong recognition and influence. Furthermore, Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) are generally in a state where the likelihood of beneficiaries continuing programs and projects after donors’ exit looks less than satisfactory.
In response to the challenges, West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) in partnership with Wilde Ganzen Foundation since 2018 has been running Local Fundraising Course as part of the Change the Game Academy Programme to empower CSOs specifically Community Based Organisations (CBOs) and Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) partners of Wilde Ganzen in West Africa to raise funds locally and to mobilise other kinds of support.
The Local Fundraising Course focuses on the importance of raising funds and diversifying the income of an organisation. This includes mapping potential donors and their positions and interests, learning how to approach them and keep them satisfied, how to use different communication materials and techniques, how to organise a fundraising event, and how to plan and budget.
The programme entails a combination of face-to-face training and intensive mentoring programme. After the training phase, participating organisations will develop a fundraising action plan which they can implement through mentoring and coaching assistance from WACSI.
Objectives of the Programme:
The overall objective of the programme is to empower local civil society working at the grassroots to rethink power and resources to ensure that people and communities can drive their own development.
More specifically, the programme seeks to:
- Address local fundraising issues facing community-based organisations and the broader civil society community.
- Strengthen the participants’ knowledge and skills to successfully raise funds and diversify resource streams at local level.
- Explore non-traditional and local fundraising strategies.
The training is scheduled from 01 – 05 November 2021 in The Gambia.
CSOs that are interested in applying must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a CBO, Self-help group and NGO operating in The Gambia.
- Must be legally registered as a non-profit organisation based in The Gambia.
- Must have good track record within its community of operation.
- Must have strong leadership and governance structures.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years operational experience.
- Must commit to develop a fundraising plan after the training phase of the programme and be willing to operationalise the plan.
- Must be willing to pay a commitment fee of 50,000 Gambian Dalasi after the organisation has been selected.
How to Apply: Kindly complete the online application form https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V3972SP by Wednesday 25 August 2021. For any challenge, feel free to contact us via email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful organisations will be contacted.