Local fundraising example:
Net fin result (€)
|Funding needed for||The education of underprivileged children|
|Period of action||February 2014|
|In-kind donations raised||N.a.|
|Types of donations||Individual donations|
|Types of donors||Patrons, both corporate and individual|
NeeV, a learning centre for the underserved, held a fundraising event on the Annual Day of the organisation. The idea was to share the beneficiaries’ growth and potential with both the existing patrons and the potential future ones. The children showcased cultural performances during the event at the centre premises.
Tips and lessons learned
- That every child has latent potential in scholastic and non-scholastic skills.
- That such events are fabulous opportunities to sensitise and involve more people and to satisfy and thank the existing supporters of your projects. Since there are many volunteers ready to help so well defined roles should be planned to tap such resources productively.
Review by Wilde Ganzen Foundation
A strong point of this example is that NeeV especially staged this event for their current and future patrons, to show the impact of their contributions. This is a very nice way to build a lasting relationship with donors. Another strong point is that NeeV can obviously count on the support of many volunteers for the organisation of the event.
- Showcasing the growth and potential of the beneficiaries, to parents, patrons and others in NeeV´s network.
- Providing the patrons an opportunity to gauge the progress of the children they support.
- Encouraging involvement of more people in the initiative.
Patrons, both corporate and individual.
Friends and acquaintances.
|Cost/benefit||National currency (INR)||Euro|
|Total amount raised||85,000||1,003|
|(-) Total amount invested||60,000||708|
|Net amount raised||25,000||295|
Description of preparatory work
- Staff, volunteers and children met on all weekdays for an average period of 3 hours.
- The volunteers were broken into three teams, creative, back-end and event management.
- Invitations printed for guests and parents
- Logistic arrangements.
Description of implementation
- The event, put together in 30 days, was conceived with the idea of sharing the beneficiaries’ growth and potential with both the existing patrons and the potential future ones.
- Volunteers supported throughout the event fundraising.
- The event management team was involved in putting together the resources, meeting with people, special guests and to arrange sponsorships.
Follow up: Donor appreciation and acknowledgement
After the show pictures were shared with friends and patrons, with a thank you note to all of them.
Plans to repeat the action
NeeV was planning to repeat the experience in much the same way.