Vision and Mission
The Vision and Mission are the overarching guidelines of any organisation. The vision gives a picture of how the world will look when the problem you are addressing is solved, while the mission explains how you will solve it. They speak for what you want to become and in which direction you want to go.
This toolkit is useful when your organisation:
- does not have a clearly defined vision and mission and wants to create one that inspires people both internal and external to the organisation.
- has recently changed its offerings, and the existing vision and mission need to be revised.
- wants to have a concise mission statement that shows what it does and how it will achieve its vision.
What you can expect
In eight steps this toolkit will assist you in creating or reviewing the vision and mission of your organisation. Here you’ll find a step-by-step guide, tools, examples and other resources for defining your vision and mission.
What you get
- an overview of how to (re)design your vision and mission step-by-step
- a list of visions and missions of organisations worldwide
- the vision, mission and problem statement of an organisation for people with multiple disabilities
- the vision and mission of an organisation working with children from low-income communities in the field of education
- the technique of problem tree to break a problem down to a manageable statement
- a template to help create a simple, meaningful mission and vision